Monday, December 4, 2017

Joy to the World

Hello & Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. After seeing Jennifer McGuire's latest blog post and video on Reverse Die Impressions, I had to try her technique. This was my first attempt and I can't wait to do some more.


Sorry that the photo isn't the best, but you are able to see the reverse die impression. To create the impression you simply place a die upside down on an embossing mat and run it through your die cutting machine. That impresses the the die outline into your cardstock and then you can add your die cut element into the impression.

For my card, I used the Fun Stampers Journey Ornament Swirls die and impressed it into a piece of Whip Cream cardstock. I then die cut the ornament from Mirror Silver cardstock and glued it into the impression. The sentiment is from the Poinsettia Baskets stamp set, stamped in Black Licorice ink and popped up onto the panel. The panel was adhered to a Whip Cream card base. All of the supplies I've used can be purchased at my website www.funstampersjourney.com/pamnutting.

I love this quick and easy technique and can't wait to try some more with different dies. Make sure you watch Jennifer's video to find out all the beautiful ways you can use this.

I'm adding my card to the challenge at CASology: Week 277: Round and to AAA Cards: CAS Game #104 - Christmas. Again, sorry for the poor photo. It's so hard to take a picture of that mirror paper.




Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week. Enjoy!

                                                                      Pam

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Pam! You totally nailed JM's technique for making letterpress images on your card! I haven't tried it myself; thank you for the reminder! And thanks so much for playing at CASology!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool technique! Love the way it frames the die cut. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, and that technique is very intriguing. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The bauble looks amazing! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the technique she shared. Need to see what I have in my stash to use. Your shiny ornament worked great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and elegant! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Great use of that technique! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete