Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Beautiful Day

Hello. I hope you are having a beautiful day! I recently saw this post on the Penny Black blog and wanted to case the design of the cards in it.


I decided to bring out my NBUS Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set to play. I stamped only the outline layers of the bloom and leaves on the top and bottom of the card base. I masked off the inner shape and added Spun Sugar DI with a dauber. Then I used a dot stencil with the same ink to add a bit of texture. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. 

When I finished the card, I realized it's loosely the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #181, so this will be my second entry there.



Now I have to find an afternoon to practice layering the stamps from this gorgeous stamp with different shades of ink. Can you tell that the layering stamp sets from Altenew are my latest addiction? Love them!

Have a beautiful day! Enjoy!

                                                                     Pam

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how these stamps look stamped with just the outline -- I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning card!! Love the floral images around the colored block...very cool design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty effect with the splash of color in the center. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, and I love your selective inking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam!! I wanted to stop by and thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog. That was so nice of you. The card you are featuring on this blog post is so pretty! I love the black and white with the Spun Sugar rectangle. The stenciled dots are also very eye catching! The stamped flowers are really a lovely stamp....simple yet elegant!

    ReplyDelete