Monday, February 15, 2016

Addicted To CAS

I find sympathy cards some of the hardest to make. Does anyone else? Sadly, I've had to make a few in the past couple of days. I'm hoping that this one will bring a bit of comfort to the recepient, knowing it is filled with all my love.



The flower on my card is from the Stampin Up Love & Sympathy set and the sentiment is Simon Says Stamp. I colored directly onto the flower stamp with Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress Inks, added a good 'huff" to the ink and inked my smallest stitched panel. That panel was adhered to a larger stitched panel and then to my card base. Simple and serene is what I was going for.

I'm entering this into Addicted to CAS Challenge #81, where the code word is bloom.


I have a fun day planned for tomorrow with my granddaughter, Averie. She'll be 5 in a couple of weeks and tomorrow she is headed to her first gymnastics class. She's quite excited and I must say so am I. Hope you have a fun day, too! Enjoy!

                                                                   Pam 

6 comments:

  1. This is perfect Pam. The image has a lovely soft feel to it, which is just right for a sympathy card. I think colouring onto the stamp really worked well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you Pam, I've only ever made two sympathy cards and found them both incredibly hard. This is so pretty but subtle and with all that white space and the simple sentiment, I think this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect sympathy card Pam and perfectly CAS too. Those cards are hard but I tend to keep a few done in a box as that's easier than creating one for a specific person on cue. thanks for sharing at ATCAS. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sympathy card. Perfect CAS card. So glad you joined us ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calm, serene, gentle, Pam ... the dimension from the layering is lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, your card is pretty, delicate, soft...and infused with love. A heart-warming card for a heart-melting situation...My niece, also 5, takes gymnastics and has such fun! Hope your Averie had a blast...and you, too!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete