Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

With Easter behind us already, I decided to start making some Mother's Day cards today. I used The Mini Blooms stamp set from A Muse Studio for this card.


I created a circle mask from Post-It Tape for the center of my stitched panel. The panel was die cut with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles from cream CS. Picked Raspberry Distress Ink was used to stamp the mini blooms around the mask. I used Grass Ink from A Muse Studio to stamp the sprigs between the blooms. They were stamped twice without re-inking to create second generation stamping. 

The sentiment from SSS Best Mom Ever, which was included in the May 2013 Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit, was stamped with the same green ink and added after the mask was removed. The tiny heart stamp is from the same stamp set. I used my clear Wink of Stella pen on the blooms and the heart for some shine. 

The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. I used 6mm Pink Peonies and the pink flowers from the 6mm Springtime Mix Sequins. My favorite way to adhere sequins is with Ranger Multi Matte Medium. To assemble the card, I matted the panel onto green CS and then a cream card base.

I will enter this into these challenges:

     Sparkle and Shine Challenge 3 - photo inspiration
     AAA Cards: Game # 36 - Easter Colors
     Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #304 - color challenge: grass, berry, cream
     Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - April Showers and/or Spring Flowers








Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such kind comments. They make my day.  Enjoy!

                                                                      Pam

14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty effect, the flowers framing the circle.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Pam and such pretty colours in a stunning frame design. Great stamping and gorgeous. I'm thrilled to see you've linked up at both AAA Cards and ATSM. Thanks so much. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Really stunning card!! I love your design with those bright colorful blooms! ;) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, love the design around the circle. Thanks for joinig ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to get ahead on cards! This is a beautiful one you made. Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. :-) Great job with the masked stamping. I really like the hot pink. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mother's Day card is a guaranteed smile-maker, with the oh-so-pretty floral framed circles! Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully framed circle and I love the colours you chose. Nice that you used a cream card base instead of white too. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your masked circle! Gives the an extra special touch! I need to start on Mother's Day cards as well. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design and colors. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you masked the centre circle - it makes such an interesting design feature. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful CAS card with us at AAA Cards this week! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great design! I love the masking. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card!! Thanks for playing at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete