Saturday, March 21, 2015

Muse #109 & ATSM #136

I hope everyone had a good day. Believe it or not, it was snowing here again this morning and there's more in the forecast. Everyone is so over this! I want my sandals, how about you? Thought so.


After picking up an order ( and placing another - go figure) at my LSS, I had some time to play today. I made this to enter into the current challenge at Muse. Our muse for this week is Marion Vagg and this is what she created -


I was inspired by her yellow splotchy background and blue birds. I created my yellow background by spraying Dylusions Lemon Zest Ink Spray on my craft mat, spraying it with water and smooshing (yes, that is the technical term) watercolor paper into it. I dried it with my heat gun and smooshed it again into the drops that were left on my mat. Sadly, my panel is covering some of them up. 

Next I used - you guessed it - Simon Says Stamp Stitched Squares to die cut a white panel. All of the images on the panel are from My Favorite Things Embellished Eggs stamp set and were inked with Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue ink. I simply adhered all the pieces onto a card base with a Tombow Mono Adhesive Dots tape runner. 

I am entering this into these challenges:

      Muse #109
     Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #136 - Anything Goes 
     Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Spring Pinterest Inspiration 
     Simply Create Too Challenge #81 - Easter or Bunnies



















As always, thanks for stopping by and looking at my work. Tomorrow I will be going to a feis to watch my Irish Princess dance. Hopefully, I'll have a picture to share with some medals. Enjoy!

                                                                       Pam

6 comments:

  1. Love how you've simplified this but still captured the whimsy and fun of the original! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the spring color combo - thanks for sharing your cute card at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is a marvelous take on the MUSE inspiration! Sweet, colourful and fresh! Thank you for sharing in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect Spring-inspired card, Pam! Love the bright and happy colors that you used! GREAT job! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Easter Spring/Pinterest” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and cheerful Easter card! Love how you captured the original card. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful yellow, so bright and vivid. And all your sweet images, so pretty. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too.

    ReplyDelete