Sunday, February 15, 2015

Shaker Heart Card

Today I'm sharing a shaker card I made. I think shakers are so much fun, don't you?



The top panel of my card was dry embossed with the Simon Says Stamp Falling Heart Stencil. I have used that stencil so many times. I love those sweet little hearts. Then I die cut the panel using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies, another favorite. A die from  Spellbinders Classic Heart Dies was used to cut out the  heart shape. For my sentiment, I used a stamp from DeNami Design stamped with Versafine Onyz Black Ink. This is by far my favorite black ink for stamping sentiments. The detail is so amazing and crisp.

I adhered a piece of acetate behind the heart and added foam tape all around it. The foam tape keeps the sequins inside. I saw Jennifer McGuire use fun foam for this here and in several other of her videos. I need to try that trick. That lady is a genius! (and my biggest enabler!)

Of course, my sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. I just love all of Paulina's gorgeous sequins. She has so many beautiful colors, sizes and shapes of sequins. After adding the sequins, I adhered a Neenah card base to the panel. Then, of course, I had to start shaking my card. So much fun!



Now I'm going to put all the Valentine's Day supplies away. Time to focus on catching up on some other projects. I went shopping yesterday - new Graphic 45, Tim Holtz Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink, Wendy Vecchi & Ranger products in the house! Plus one of our local Michaels is moving to a new location. My crafting buddy and I stumbled upon their 90% off everything clearance sale. What a haul we walked out with. Time to play!

I hope you enjoy your day. As always, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I always love reading your thoughts.

                                                                 Pam




2 comments:

  1. You are cranking out cards like crazy Pam!!!! This one is darling. Love shaker cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet shaker card. I agree, the Versafine is the best for sentiments. Lots of fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete