Monday, February 23, 2015

Oz Twisted Easel Card

It seems like forever since I've made a twisted easel card. I found another challenge (I'm hooked on all the inspiration!) called Shopping Our Stash. The theme for the current challenge is 'The Big Screen' and I immediately knew what I wanted to make.


Everyone who knows me knows one of my all-time favorite movies is The Wizard of Oz. Also, everyone knows that I love everything by Graphic 45. A few years ago, Graphic 45 created a paper collection called The Magic of Oz, that has since been discontinued. Not to worry, I hoard my Graphic 45 and still have some in my stash. (I usually buy two pads - one to use and one to keep.)

So, I made a twisted easel card of Oz for this challenge. My easel card measures  5 1/4 X 10 1/2 inches and is scored in half at 5 1/4 inches. The top half is scored diagonally towards the front. That is what creates the twisted easel base. I cut one of my favorite of the signature pieces that includes Dorothy, the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion to a 5 1/4 inch square. I distressed all the edges with my Tim Holtz Paper Distresser and then ink distressed with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. Some of the poppies from another sheet were fussy cut and popped up with foam on my panel. This panel was then adhered to the top of the easel.

I chose the heart patterned sheet from the collection for my bottom panel. A piece of lace from my stash, topped with some May Arts 1/4 inch green silk ribbon, was added to the panel. I made a multi-loop bow with the same ribbon and adhered it with glue dots. A poppy chipboard piece from the collection was added on top of the bow. I applied Mushroom Alchohol Ink and glitter to a resin flower from my stash and added it to the chipboard poppy. Another chipboard piece with a quote from the movie was added below the lace.

I did add some sparkle to parts of the papers with Wink of Stella glitter brush markers. The red was added to Dorothy's ruby slippers, her hair bow and the bows on the Cowardly Lion. I added clear to Dorothy's wand and the chipboard poppy.

I'm entering this into the Shopping Our Stash #189 - The Big Screen
                            and    Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - No Rules


Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by.

                                                           Pam




7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh,what a beautiful and intricate card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ask me, you made a winner here, Pam! I'm dumbfounded by your talent and how you put this magnificent card together!! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Pam! Love the theme! Great scene that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, great scene and the fold too, thanks for playing along with us at shopping our stash for the Big Screen challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic easel card! I adore that Graphic 45 paper!! Fab job!! Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Big Screen" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've created the scene on this card and I adore the theme! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete