Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Birthday Falling Hearts

Wow! It's -10 degrees outside. Again! It's been frigid here in CNY for days. I guess I'll just have to stay inside and play some more.


I made this yesterday and I think it will fit in nicely with a couple of challenges. While cleaning off my table of Valentine supplies, I came across a leftover panel I had embossed with the Falling Hearts Stencil from Simon Says Stamp.  Some Barn Door Distress Ink was mixed with my Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste, and spread over the stencil onto a piece of Neenah card stock. While the paste was still wet, I added some iridescent glitter. It turned so sparkly as it dried. I then cut the panel with the largest of the Stitched Rectangles from Simon Says Stamp.

Next I used the Stitched Duo 3 die cut from Pretty Pink Posh to cut my label. I so love all my stitched dies. This die cuts four windows, through which you can see the sparkly falling hearts. I used a brand new stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps designed by fabulously talented Gloria Stengel (of Scraps of LifeCraft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge BlogGraphic 45 and several design teams).  Keep in Touch, Too is the new set and it is a card maker's dream set. There are so many sentiments in fabulous fonts; you'll definitely find a sentiment for every occasion.

I punched a hole in the tag and added some A-muse ribbon. The pieces were adhered with foam tape to a top-folding Neenah card base,

I'm entering this into these challenges:

     Time Out Challenge #24 - CASEing Kylie (Addicted to Stamps)

This is Kylie's gorgeous card we are CASEing for The Time Out Challenge:


     Seize the Birthday:Toppings - Hearts and/or Arrows


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day. 

                                                            Pam

13 comments:

  1. Pam, Aren't you glad you have a hobby to resort to when your stuck inside...I don't know how you do it! Your card is super cute! Love the cascading hearts through the window tag! Thanks for sharing your talents with is at Seize the Birthday and stay warm...hope you all catch a break soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag and love all the hearts! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on the CASE card. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this stencil too and I really like it... Love how you've used it here. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great CASE of that card Pam, and I love your sparkly textured hearts background - just beautiful!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great CASE! Love those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute design and clever Pam, the stitching, paper and tag are wonderful.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! Darnell sent me over! Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the Time Out challenge! That window tag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the Time Out challenge! That window tag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crisp and delicious, Pam ... the cascading texture-y hearts are fabulous ... and what a great take on the tag element of Kylie's card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sweet little hearts are adorable and look fabulous peeking through that fun tag die cut. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all those fabulous hearts peeking through the window tag. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete