Monday, January 19, 2015

Bokeh Birthday

I love the bokeh effect in photography and on cards. It creates such a pretty, whimsical look. This is my first attempt at creating a bokeh card and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.


I began by watching several YouTube videos on this technique. One I found by Yana to be especially helpful can be found here. To begin I stamped my sentiment from Mama Elepahnt's Make a Wish stamp set in Versafine onyz black ink on my Neenah panel. 

Using the Lots of Dots stamp set by Simon Says Stamp, I stamped various circle sizes using several different blue inks from Hero Arts, Simon Says Stamp, Clearsnap and A-muse Studio. I began by stamping my largest circle with my lightest ink in a visual triangle around the sentiment. Odd numbers of anything are always more pleasing to the eye.

From there, I used a smaller circle stamp with a darker ink, again starting with a visual triangle around the sentiment and then spreading out to other areas. Each new size and color were stamped overlapping existing circles to create this effect. 

I mounted the panel onto a Hero Arts pool note card and added some of Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka sequins to finish off my card. 

I'd like to enter this into the following challenge:


Well, it's back to work tomorrow. That extra day off was very nice. I was able to finish my card donations for fundraisers for two different groups. One is a fundraiser held by the Teaching Assistants Union in my district and the other is a fundraiser for an organization near and dear to my heart, the American Heart Association. My son had his first heart attack at the very, very young age of 31, and the another late last year at 36. Surely, you can understand why I always donate to fundraisers benefitting that organiztion. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week. As always, thanks for stopping by!

                                                              Pam












1 comment:

  1. I love the bokeh look too Pam and you've created it perfectly on this card. Wonderful shades of blue. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete