Thursday, February 20, 2014

Playing with Stencils Again

I just love winter break. There's so much more time to play when you don't have to go to work, isn't there? LOL. I've been playing with my stencils again, designing cards for a card class at Creativ You & Co. The Stenciled Online Card Class was fabulous, and I'm using some of the techniques I learned in class.



I love this technique. After adding Versamark through my stencil, I clear embossed it. Then I blended three shades of Distress Inks over the embossed image, lightest in the middle, darkest on the edges. Love the results.


With this technique you just spray through your stencils with mists or sprays. I really like the results from spraying only part of the panel. The blue is Heidi Swapp Color Shine Teal and the yellow is Dylusions Lemon Zest.


On this example, I used two stencils from Heidi Swapp. The pattern was placed over the butterfly and then I used the gold Color Shine.


Tim's Splatter stencil was used on this. First the sentiment was white embossed creating an ink resist. After stamping inside the stencil, distress inks were used over parts of the stencil. Love it!


This is the "tracing" technique. You actually draw lines inside the stencil and look at the great texture this creates. Again I used Tim's stencils, the heart and harlequin.

I loved the Stenciled Online Class, and highly recommend any of their future classes. I know I'll be taking them. 

When I finish my cards, I'll be back to share. Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment